Restoration By Fellion Auto Restorations llc
The F-Series was redesigned for 1953 with a more integrated look. The pickups also acquired their now familiar names: The F-1 now became the F-100, the F-2 now became the F-250, and the F-3 now became the 1 ton F-350. Starting on the 1956 models, Ford offers the very rare "Low GVWR" versions of each model. Interior amenities were new, including a dome light, lighter, arm rests, and sun visors. On March 13, 1953, "Ford-O-Matic" automatic transmissions became an option. 1954 saw the introduction of the new 239 CID overhead valve Y-block V8, dubbed "Power King." Canadian models, however, (including the Mercury M-Series), retained the flathead. The inline six was increased in size, and power steering was introduced as an option. Second generation trucks were built in Brazil from 1957 to 1962 as the F-100, F-350 and F-600.